May 22, 2012

Last week I needed a quick and healthy recipe and I remembered seeing this recipe on Naturally Ella and craving it instantly.

So that's what I made on Friday. I followed the recipe except that I added loads of caramelized onions. I've heard people call caremelized onion the bacon for vegetarians and I have to say, I agree. Bacon is really the only thing that I sometimes miss and even long for (I've been a vegetarian for over 15 years now), but caramelized onions totally make up for that longing.

The dish was absolutely lovely!! The sesame and honey give it such a nice sweetness, set off by the chile flakes and sea salt (oh yes, another addition: sea salt flakes). MrBee (who had made pizza for himself) laughed at my constant "mmmmmmmm" sounds, but after a taste he had to admit my dish was damn good and maybe even better than his pizza.

So on Sunday, when we had no time do get groceries, I took whatever leftover vegetables we had and made the dish again, but with couscous. The sesame sauce is a classic already....

And I'm sorry for not adding any pictures, but somehow the food disappeared before remembering to take pictures.... I guess it's only a good sign?

No comments:

Post a Comment