May 19, 2009

Good day sunshine!

This morning I had to give a presentation for about 60 people and my supervisor wanted all kinds of last-minute alterations so I had to stay at work till 10 yesterday evening and got up at 6 this morning.....

(After a very horrible night of sleep. A mosquito from hell paid me a visit.)

But the presentation went really well and everyone was happy. I am now more confident about being able to complete this internship successfully. Yay!

My supervisor just came to bring me some orangette, chocolate covered strings of orange. He is a good man.

It is a good day.


I just received a phone call. Months ago I entered a career game for students who are about to graduate. Even though I was through to the third round, I could not compete for the title "best graduate" because I was abroad. But now they called me to tell me my name came out of the lottery for a 1000 euro extra prize, which is really really cool (1000EU is roughly $1360 or 880GBP). That really came as a surprise! It's just weird to be here by myself at work without really being able to share the news with anyone. But I'm happy I can share it with you.

Hello MrMac. Nice to meet you.


I think that MrMac would be a great destination for my prize money.... After some of you recommended getting a Mac I have been thinking about buying one.....

Or do you have a really good suggestion? A trip? More dresses?

What would you do with a suprise prize like this?

4 comments:

  1. wow congrats!! That is so exciting... I have a mac and I LOVE it. That would be a really good purchase..but there are definitely so many fun things you could do with that money!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOO HOO!!! you could always... well... share your winnings with your blog friends! ;)

    Well done! I think Mr. MAC is a great choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! That's so very exciting! A computer would be a wonderful purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, that must be a really nice surprise :0
    I wouldn't know at this moment, probably a tablet and I'd save the rest for vacation

    ReplyDelete